2021 BOARD OF FINANCE CANDIDATES
My name is Matt Brown and I’m seeking election to the Cromwell Board of Finance. I was born in Connecticut and have called Cromwell my home for over 13 years. My spouse and I met at UConn, where I earned a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science. Today we are raising our two children, ages 7 and 9, who attend the Cromwell Public Schools.
I am an active volunteer and here are some of my recent volunteer activities in town include:
• Prior member of the Cromwell Hills Phase 2 Board of Directors
• Catechist Volunteer Teacher for St. John’s Church
• ECS/WIS PTO Volunteer
• Appointed member of the Town Council’s LGBTQ+ Committee
I currently work in marketing strategy at a Fortune 200 Hartford-based company and have over 15 years of experience in marketing, financial analysis, data management, and strategy from various corporate roles. During my career, much of my responsibilities included strategic planning and budget management, which I will bring to this role.
I also understand the importance of transparency and will bring increased visibility to our town’s revenues and expenditures, to keep our community informed. I recognize the importance of providing clear and accurate reporting about the budget process to everyone in our town.
Lastly, our town’s motto is the “Crossroads of Connecticut,” which exemplifies that we are a diverse community that is welcoming to all and we deserve leadership that listens to our town’s many different voices and viewpoints. I will bring new perspectives and experiences to our town leadership to help represent our whole community.
Thank you for the opportunity to seek election for Cromwell’s Board of Finance.
• Lived in Cromwell for 6 years, moved for work and returned again 7 years ago.
• Worked as a nurse, nurse director for many years. Last at Hartford Hospital as the nursing director for the medical cardiology service (both in and out patient)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing from University of Hartford, Master of Science, Nursing Administration from UCONN.
• Pursued goal to work in environmental health policy. Obtained JD in 2007 and admitted to the CT bar that year.
• Currently am the CT Director for Clean Water Action, a national environmental advocacy organization.
• Serve as the secretary for the DTC.
Since returning to Cromwell, I’ve wanted to be involved and participate in public service at the municipal level. I’m proud to serve as an alternate to the Board of Finance currently and hope to be a full member of the Board going forward. I believe I’ve demonstrated my commitment and ability to serve the town in this capacity.